Traveling with asthma and other respiratory allergies? Yes, you can breathe easy. Keep these 5 tips in check when planning an allergy begone travel .
Traveling is difficult enough on your immune system, but respiratory issues and unfamiliar environments can equate to a terrible vacation. Here are some tips when you are traveling with asthma from the PURE team to keep you healthy and on the go!
1. Plan Ahead-ALWAYS look for a PURE Allergy Friendly Room or Respire by Hyatt Hypo-Allergenic Room when traveling. Visit www.pureroom.com search tool to help you find hotels in the area that you are traveling to that have PURE or Respire Rooms. We recommend to keep the purifier on a medium setting to circulate the air in the room every 15 minutes.
2. Check the pollen count of the city you are traveling to. This will help determine how much medication you will need if you are going to be outdoors. Remember, pollens are a major deal breaker when you are traveling with asthma.
3. Pack your medication in your carry on or in close reach. They are no good stowed away under the plane!
4. When flying, be sure to cover any travel pillow with PURE’s microfiber travel encasements.
5. Wherever you may be laying your head at night, always ask the housekeeping to remove down comforters or feathered pillows from the room.
Now, you can have that ultimate getaway without worry about breakouts. Have fun!